Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Gay Teen Whose Video Of His Family "Disowning" Him Went Viral Has Received Nearly $100,000 In Online Donations

This post contains video footage some may find disturbing.


This is Daniel Pearce, 19, from Georgia.


This is Daniel Pearce, 19, from Georgia.


In just a few days, more than four million people have viewed a horrific video of his family apparently telling him to move out because of his sexuality.


11alive.com


This video contains profanity and distressing scenes.



He had come out to them last October, the Independent reported. In a long interview, he told WXIA-TV that he didn't spring the announcement on his family: "It was something that built over time," he said.


The video makes for distressing viewing. A woman can be heard saying: "You're full of shit. You told me on the phone that you made that choice. You know you wasn't born that way.”


He told the BBC : "I recorded the video because I knew something was going to happen and I wanted to protect myself in case I was harmed in any way."


His aunt has confirmed that he is staying with her and that he was punched in the mouth during the altercation.


youtube.com


His boyfriend has set up a GoFundMe page for his living expenses, and it has now raised nearly $100,000.


His boyfriend has set up a GoFundMe page for his living expenses, and it has now raised nearly $100,000.


He says he plans to donate some money to LGBT groups.


gofundme.com


Pearce told WXIA-TV the video wasn't posted in order to shame his family.


Pearce told WXIA-TV the video wasn't posted in order to shame his family.


He said: "The video was not posted for people to attack them. I wouldn't want it to happen to me. I wouldn't want it to happen to them. They are still my family and they are in my heart but what happened in that video is very hurtful."


He's had no contact with his family since the incident and they have yet to comment.


11alive.com




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment