Monday, June 30, 2014

The Rise Of Poussey On "Orange Is The New Black"

Samira Wiley and her character have become the major breakouts of the Netflix series’ second season. The actress talks to BuzzFeed about Poussey’s growth and becoming a fan favorite. (Warning: SPOILERS for Season 2 ahead.)



Netflix


"It's like that first season I bartended that whole time," Samira Wiley said of her mostly supporting role as Poussey Washington, the lovable, moral-to-the-core Litchfield inmate who was mainly used as comic relief and a sidekick throughout Season 1 of Orange Is the New Black. "I just waited every couple weeks to see the new script and crossed my fingers that I was in it," the 27-year-old actress added.


But that changed when Poussey became an essential part of Orange Is the New Black Season 2. "My way of working in the first season was so different," she recalled, sitting in a coffee shop in New York's Flatiron neighborhood, frequently flashing her signature smile and slipping in the giggle that has helped make her a fan favorite. "I really didn't have to prepare to be like, Yeah! I didn't really have to do anything… I think the breakdown [for the character] said something like she loves Ina Garten and I was like, What? That's so crazy. I didn't know much."



Netflix




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment