Saturday, April 18, 2015

23 Amazingly Ridiculous Things You Can Buy At Anthropologie

Welcome to the land of patchwork and decorative brooms.


We are Kristin and Leo and we like to talk about fashion. Today, we’re discussing Anthropologie, which is known for it’s ~sophisticated~ but very, very expensive fashion and home goods.


We are Kristin and Leo and we like to talk about fashion. Today, we’re discussing Anthropologie, which is known for it’s ~sophisticated~ but very, very expensive fashion and home goods.


A few thoughts on Anthropologie before we begin:

Leo: To me, Anthropologie is like walking into Pinterest, except you just paid someone else a handsome sum of money to do all your DIYs. Every time I go there, I'm like, man, how come all my baking supplies aren't hand-painted and made of porcelain?

Kristin: I feel like Anthropologie is sort of the store version of All Of Your Parents Expectations. They sell all these things at such crazy high prices like it's no big deal. So, if you can't afford the stuff, it can make you feel like YOU are the problem.


Haru Tasseled Kimono -- $168


Haru Tasseled Kimono -- $168


Leo: Wow. They have a whole kimono section. So I guess kimonos are a thing now. **shrugs**

Kristin: This garment basically says: "Warning: Do not ask me how my kid's pre-school application process is going."


Via anthropologie.com


Vida Circlet Dress -- $648


Vida Circlet Dress -- $648


Leo: Oh, I know what this looks like to me. It's a dress with Post-Its.

Kristin: She looks like she's wearing a very unsafe rock-climbing wall.


Via anthropologie.com


Spectrum Broom -- $68


Spectrum Broom -- $68


Kristin: When Leo first showed this to me, I literally laughed for 10 minutes.

Leo: Now, whenever you are sad, literally I am just going to look you in the eyes and say "BROOM."

Kristin: Because it's a DECORATIVE BROOM. Could you imagine dropping a glass in someone's house and needing to use a broom, and that person being like, "No, stop, that's the decorative broom." And you'd be like, "Well then, where's the real broom?" and they would go, "I don't know, I can afford to pay $68 for a broom, I don't clean my own house!"

Leo: Is it a decorative broom, though? In the broom's defense, I think super high quality brooms are hard to come by and might be expensive. My mom once brought a broom back on the plane from Israel and had to explain that they were the best brooms you could get. People thought it was some sort of religious tradition — to bring a broom on the plane. She had to explain she just really liked getting the house clean.

Kristin: Yeah, 10/10 would make fun of again.


Via anthropologie.com




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment