Saturday, April 11, 2015

That Time "Gossip Girl" Had A Threesome Involving Hilary Duff

Three BuzzFeed writers take a look at this iconic episode of Gossip Girl and find out if it was really worth all the buzz it created.


Remember that Gossip Girl threesome between Dan, Vanessa, and pop icon Hilary Duff? If you don't, it's okay, because we just rewatched it.


Remember that Gossip Girl threesome between Dan, Vanessa, and pop icon Hilary Duff? If you don't, it's okay, because we just rewatched it.


CW / Via Netflix


"They Shoot Humphreys, Don't They?" (Season 3, Episode 9) originally aired November 9, 2009. It was written by Alison Maclean and directed by Amanda Lasher.


Ira Madison III: Obviously, the threesome is the biggest part of the episode. And we'll get to that in a bit, but first, let's see what the hell else happened in this episode.


Jenny Battles Eric At Cotillion


Jenny Battles Eric At Cotillion


Taylor Momsen as Jenny Humphrey.


CW / Via Netflix


Ira: So, Jenny is planning for her cotillion date.


Sheridan Watson: Why is she figuring out her date ONE DAY in advance? That shit takes months to plan you idiots. I mean this with the utmost respect: why hasn't Jenny been thrown off of a cliff yet?


Ira: Are you familiar with the cotillion life, Sheridan? How realistic was this random evening they put on?


Sheridan: This is nothing like how my cotillion was. All of the cotillions I've seen involve white dresses, Amal Clooney gloves, perfectly choreographed routines, and people not randomly standing around looking at a lady announcing names like it's a goddamn sports line-up. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.


Kirsten King: I didn't have a cotillion. I bought a 50 dollar JC Penny dress and went to a dinner dance so CAN I BE QUEEN B YET?


Sheridan: Can we talk about how vicious Jenny has gotten? Ah, high school, when you never realized how much of a bitch you were. I miss that total lack of self-awareness.


Ira: I love how random her bitchiness is, though? She reminds me of a basic version of Sydney Andrews from Melrose Place. She literally got her dream evening handed to her on a silver platter and then she was like, "Bye, bitch!" to Blair. What did you think was gonna happen to you?


Sheridan: You know better than to fuck with Blair Waldorf. I have to be honest: I liked Jenny at the beginning of the series. I was rooting for her. But as the seasons go on, you can't help but hope she gets sent off to live with her mother (lol). I think it's because the writers made her so damn desperate. When Blair schemes, it's necessary for the character. She's always been this vicious sort of person. Jenny, however, started becoming a bitch overnight so it all seemed so random. All she does is say, "I'M THE QUEEN OF CONSTANCE, LOOK AT MY AWFUL SMOKEY EYE. I RULE THE SCHOOL." OK, rant over.




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment