Friday, April 3, 2015

Tim Omaji's Definitive Ranking Of Other Artists Who Reinvented Themselves

BuzzFeed sat down with Tim Omaji - formerly known as Timomatic - to talk about his name change and other artists who have reinvented themselves.



Anna Mendoza / BuzzFeed


"I've technically been Timomatic for 10 years," Tim says, stating that the name originated with his dance background when he was a teenager and stuck. "In the last 12 to 18 months, though, I felt a shift artistically and creatively. With the music I was producing and creating, I felt like 'Timomatic' only captured a portion of that, but not the whole thing."


Tim refers to his decision to go back to his real name as "phase two", a "more intimate" form of musical expression. Tim also joked about keeping the Timomatic moniker for another decade, saying "I'll be 37. Like, can I still be a robot?! Can I still pull it off?!" If I had the Daft Punk mask? Maybe. But I told the guys, I was like 'I can't do it!' (laughs)."


Since Tim knows a thing or two about reinvention, we asked him to give us his ~definitive~ ranking of other artists who have undergone name changes and/or drastic image overhauls. Here's how it went...


"OK. I get BIG into this stuff!" Tim said as he began ranking our reinvented artists.


"OK. I get BIG into this stuff!" Tim said as he began ranking our reinvented artists.


Anna Mendoza / BuzzFeed




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment